Welcome to the IBM Functional Genomics Platform community! Below are a few best practices that we want to share with you. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us via the IBM Functional Genomics Platform Forums or directly via email.
- First and foremost, enjoy exploring IBM Functional Genomics Platform! We hope you find valuable data and tools for your research questions. If there is something that you’d like to see more or less of, please let us know. Your feedback is essential as we shape IBM Functional Genomics Platform to fit the needs of our research community.
- Speak up early and often. If you have questions or feedback, you can post directly into the forums. We actively monitor these forums and will try to provide responses to your questions within 2 working days. Your questions and feedback will help us shape the IBM Functional Genomics Platform. Alternatively, If you don’t feel comfortable posting there, you can email an IBM Functional Genomics Platform team member directly.
- Be a conscientious community citizen. The Functional Genomics Platform is supported by a team of researchers and developers. If you use our data or analytics in a presentation, publication, or other public work, please cite us ibm.biz/functional-genomics-citation.
- Pardon our dust. To accelerate research for COVID-19, we’ve significantly expanded our capabilities and user base. As we continue to support our community, there will likely be outages during required maintenance. We will try to keep these to a minimum and inform you of outages and their duration.
- Do your homework. As part of this release, we ask that you explore IBM Functional Genomics Platform in whichever way suits your research needs. When possible, help us by responding to short online surveys.
Great! Now where do I start?
Check out our COVID-19 Quick Start Guide
Align an interesting sequence of yours against all bacterial, viral, or SARS-CoV-2 genes or proteins: ibm.biz/functional-genomics-blast
Explore code examples from the IBM Functional Genomics Platform Python SDK and use our data or analytics in your research pipeline.
Thank you so much for joining us on this journey. We look forward to seeing what you build with IBM Functional Genomics Platform.
- The IBM Functional Genomics Team